I refined the profile for my class to what I hope to write about, as this blog grows and develops–and as I integrate my values more deeply into my life, one step, one habit, one ritual at a time.
Here is the list I came up with this morning:
I believe we can discover a new sense of identity, find our passion, and re-imagine our lives–as well as support the healing of loss or trauma by:
1) Practicing mindfulness meditation and yoga.
2) Writing from the heart.
3) Having at least one safe, compassionate person to attune/resonate with, who can assist us in integrating healing insights and change. (If we have been traumatized, this person should be a mental health professional who is an expert in healing trauma).
4) Taking ourselves out of any existing traumatic situation to a place of safety.
5) Practicing self care and self compassion.
6) Connecting with and helping others.
7) Pursuing an art form/creativity.
8) Discovering/developing a passionate life pursuit/hobby.
9) Developing insight.
10) Cultivating new habits, one at a time.
11) Discovering the unconscious patterns that keep us stuck.
12) Cultivating healthy boundaries.
13) Utilizing the new research into the Mind and the Brain, which shows that our brains are “plastic” and can be re-wired.
14) Pursuing travel as a path of introspection, adventure, expansion of our horizons, and development of self confidence.
15) Connecting deeply with nature.
16) Loving and caring for an animal companion.
What do you believe about re-imaging your life,
Discovering your passion,
Healing from loss or trauma?
You might also like:
Disclaimer: This blog is written for educational and inspirational purposes only, and should not replace competent medical or mental health care.